Offering services in audio + video engineering, post-production, live sound reinforcement, and multimedia project management. Platform specialties include Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Pro Tools, and Ableton Live.
Art Institute Of Seattle — Seattle, Washington
AS In Audio Production with additional focus in Digital Video
University Of The Redlands — Redlands, California
Coursework in Music Performance and Composition
Type-F.com — 2012 (Contract)
Sketchy Betches T.V. Pilot (release pending) — 2012 (Pro Bono)
Video Editor, Motion Graphics, Sound
HistoryMakers / ScienceMakers — 2011 (Contract)
Sciencemakers, and their parent company Historymakers, is a Chicago-based non-profit committed to preserving, developing, and providing access to an archival video collection of African American historians and scientists.
- Operated 1 of 3 Sony EX-3 cameras with director on headset
- Assisted with student recordings of scientist Q/A using FlipHD cameras
- Edited and rendered footage for exhibition
EVEO, Inc. — 2010 (Contract)
EVEO, Inc. is a San Francisco-based company specializing in e-marketing for healthcare and pharmaceutical companies.
- Edited HD content using FCP
- Encoded for multiple channels including web and presentation
- Pulled green screen keys and executed composites w/ AE and FCP
TITAN Media / Hothouse Entertainment (2005 – 2009 / Contract)
Titan Media and Hothouse Entertainment are San Francisco-based production companies specializing in adult media content. (Their websites are Not Safe For Work)
- Edited HD, HDV, and SD content for DVD, Blu-Ray, and web
- Built DVDs, DVD menu creation and scripting
- Encoded, organized, and delivered media for streaming and download
- Created original motion graphics, music and sound effects
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival (Once Yearly)
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival (HSBG) is an annual, 3 day music festival in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. It celebrated it’s 10th anniversary in 2010.
- Managed the recording and mixing of HSBG festival performances
- Oversaw the acquisition of equipment and deployment of recording crew
- Mixed down multi-track Pro Tools sessions of live recordings for CD
- Mastered and sequenced for red-book standard
MEAC Originals (2009 — Present, As needed)
MEAC Originals is the recording studio and production company of Boz Scaggs, musician and recording artist.
- Provided on-stage technical support, Pro Tools operation, and monitor mixes
- Mixed and pre-mastered multi-track recordings of live and studio material
- Maintain and repair gear, studio equipment, and Pro Tools systems
Tour Diary — Boz Scaggs Summer 2011
I have the good fortune of working as an audio tech for Boz Scaggs and his band. I shot some footage over the last few weeks of tour, and made this little video.
Canon 60d + Nikon 35-135mm… mucho post in FCP and AE, including substantial abuse of the Art Beats Film Clutter clips.
Music -> “Lowdown” by Boz Scaggs
Time Lapse — Theatre at Westbury — Boz / Mike
This is a time lapse of the Boz Scaggs / Michael McDonald show, Theatre at Westbury, Westbury NY, July 23rd 2011.
I shot this using a Canon 60d and a Vivitar Fisheye lens. The Canon EOS Utility on my Macbook acted as the intervolometer.
This theater is “in the round” : the stage spins during the show.
Includes doors, portions of both sets, and load-out.
Music : Sigur Ros — BaBa
Interview with Darius Falke and Max Schulter for TITAN Media, in which Darius discusses his clothing line “4insatiable”. This is an alternative, clean edit of the interview, different from what appears on the TITAN Media “Folsom Undercover” Blu-Ray.
Shot at TITAN Media studios, San Francisco, on a Panasonic HDX 900. Edited with Final Cut Pro.
Edit, Music, and Post : Jeremy Leaird-Koch
Director and Still Photographer : Brian Mills
Camera Operator : Paul Wilde
Uploaded with permission of TITAN Media
Copyright TITAN Media, 2008
Experimenting with the Photojojo Bokeh kit.
Shot around San Francisco with a Canon 60d and a Canon 50mm f/1.4 Lens.
Music : Stars — Set Yourself On Fire (End Times Edit)
Fearful Hunter 2 : Graphic Novel Trailer
A trailer I created for “Fearful Hunter : Part 2″, a Queer graphic novel with Druids and werewolves by Jon Macy.
This was created using the completed .psd files from the comic, manipulated in FCP and After Effects.
Some material may be unsuitable for children.
For more information, please visit jonmacy.com.
C4D : TOKA Logo Experiment
A quick experiment I did manipulating a logo in Cinema 4D. These kind of logo stingers are a lot of fun to play around with.
Animation : C4D
Post : After Effects
Sound : Ableton Live
More examples available on my Vimeo page
For extra information regarding these projects, feel free to browse the Video section of this blog.