I thought it would be cool to see what other people would do with the songs from Psychic Realty, so I’ve gone ahead and exported all the stems from (almost) all the tracks and made them available below.
I’ve got a few b-sides that didn’t end up on the main album, and I’m sure you’ve got tons of ideas on how to mangle my audio, so why not join forces and put out a remix thing? The idea here is : you grab stems and make some magic, I finish up my b-sides, and in a couple months we’ll put something out together on Bandcamp.
Rules & Stuff
- No Rules
- Seriously, I don’t care what you do with the stems. Any genre, any style, anything is welcome. There won’t be any tracks submitted that won’t get included in the release.
- Covers are totally cool too, if that’s your thing. Lyrics are available on the Bandcamp page for the album.
- No Prizes
- Sorry, I can’t pay you for your remixes, but you retain absolutely full rights for your mix, can do with it whatever you want. The release on Bandcamp will be free, so I won’t be making money off your hard work. This is 100% for fun.
- I’d like to have this release out this Summer, so the deadline for submissions is June 7th, 2014.
- You can send me your submission via the form below (or alternatively, here)
- I’ll also accept mixes via email, WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc. Please email me at jeremy [at] sound-and-vision.org
- WAV or Aiff, at least 44.1k, 16 bit.
- Unmastered tracks, please. Feel free to send both mastered and unmastered if you’ve done some mastering yourself. The tracks will be getting mastered all together.
- Make sure to send your preferred music alias, email, website, and a little bit about yourself so I can give you the stupid mad props you deserve once this album comes out.
Get your stems here. If you want a particular stem exported differently (less verb, more discreet), let me know. I can also export MIDI clips of stuff from the tracks. Tempo and Key info are in the filenames of the files. Stems are available on both Dropbox and Google Drive.
Submit Your Remix